I admit that I say that lots of things are a problem when you have Aspergers but fear and stress are definitely some of the main problems.They sort of work together; fear creeps up on you,then you’re quite vulnerable to stress, and stress starts to engulf you.
Stress and fear can be bad for people without Aspergers,but they are normally worse for people with Aspergers. I once ran away at school because stress had taken over me and it was too much for me. I hid in the cloakroom until the teachers found me.(not a good plan!)My mum said that I used to hold on to the fence of my preschool, because I was too scared to go in. Fear had got me.
Fear and stress is hard to Control most of the time, but try these ways and they might help.
* Counting to ten.Lots of people recommend this way.If you find that this way helps, but you’re still a bit stressed or scared, you could try to count to 100.
* Think of happy things, people who you enjoy being around with, things you like, things you might want to do, anything that will distract you from what’s going on.
* Think of something really funny that has happened, or something that’s going to happen.
* Distract yourself by talking to friends, family or maybe even your pet. I talk to my guinea pig all the time! It may sound weird, but it does help. After all, people do say that a problem shared is a problem halved.
* Lastly,you could make up your own world.I have this sort of dream world, full of all the things I like, all the places I like,and somewhere where no fear or stress is allowed. It’s a paradise, and ideal for when you want to relax.